Black Belt Classes
Professor Steiner's view in regard to the meaning of "1st Dan" is similar to the view of the traditional Asian Masters: That is, when and if a person achieves First Degree Black Belt (this does not include "Honorary" promotions, and it does not include gratuitous promotions -- as, regrettably the Professor mistakenly and generously gave to a few others in the past -- but refers ONLY AND EXCLUSIVELY to promotions granted after serious, hard and long training IN CLASS and via intensive private lessons) he is now READY TO BEGIN SERIOUS TRAINING AND STUDY. A first Degree Black Belt in this System, in other words, has generally demonstrated his serious intention to be a student.
NOTE: BLACK BELT LEVEL RANKS, LIKE ALL OTHER, MAY BE REVOKED (AS HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE IN THE CASE OF TWO INDIVIDUALS WHOSE PERSONAL BEHAVIOR, ATTITUDE AND EGREGIOUSLY EVIL PERSONAL BETRAYAL HAS MADE IT NECESSARY TO DO). THIS IS TO PROTECT THE MARITAL-ARTS-SEEKING PUBLIC, AND TO SAFEGUARD THE INTEGRITY OF THIS SYSTEM.
Nor is the possession of a First Degree Black Belt -- or any other level of Black Belt in this System! -- to be construed as being or carrying with it permission to teach the System. A this time ONLY, Mark Bryans has legitimate permission to use the name of Professor Steiner, his System, or to use this trademarked and copyrighted methodology in his own endeavors. Neither Mark Bryans nor Professor Steiner are running a vocational School, however, ANYONE attempting to use this System, Professor Steiner's, Mark Bryans', or any other name or technology associated with this System to promote his own commercial endeavors -- or to promote himself -- is doing so as a pirate and may be subject to prosecution for violation of trademark infringement and copyright law.
BEWARE! If you are in the market for AMERICAN COMBATO (JEN-DO-TAO)" you may be the victim of scoundrels or charlatans endeavoring to misrepresent themselves as teachers either with -or- without a "Black Belt"!
At First Degree Black Belt, a student learns:
- Advanced and additional attack combinations and unarmed combat skills designed to take an enemy off the count
- Drills taken from Kung Fu that enhance and intensify the student's general ability to synthesize and blend techniques and to capitalize upon the extremely effective circular-strike principle of the Chinese systems
- Combat Ju-jutsu. Students receive a course of training in the REAL ju-jutsu, intended for use in battle. Although we do not believe that students are wise to focus upon control, throwing and other "lesser" methods of manhandling, we include this course for law enforcement officers, security professionals and others whose jobs might require of them a control function.
- Advanced and devastating counterattacking skills and techniques
- Advance offensive stick techniques. These are NOT suitable to police requirements, but are admirably suited to emergency self-protection, to military and to special intelligence needs
- Knife-fighting. This is the most practical, complete, thorough and functional method of knife fighting in the world. It incorporates the Applegate-Fairbairn System, the Biddle-Styers System, the skills of kenpo-karate, and methods that are exclusive and original with Professor Steiner. This system teaches how to use the knife for both defense and attack, and trains the pupil in how to employ a folding knife, Bowie-type, stiletto type, or survival type weapon, as well as all improvised weapons.
Beyond First Degree Black Belt:
The curriculum beyond first degree is not available for publication. It carries the student far beyond his First Degree achievement, and continues in methodology through Black Belt, 3rd Degree. The student who achieves successful completion of the System's course through 3rd degree black belt is eligible for consideration of permission to teach the System providing he abides by the terms set by Professor Steiner.
TO VERIFY AUTHENTICITY OF ANYONE'S CLAIM TO BE A TEACHER OF AMERICAN COMBATO (JEN-DO-TAO)", CONTACT PROFESSOR STEINER DIRECTLY. The mere possession of a certificate may not be authentic validation. NO ONE NOT IN POSSESSION OF SPECIFIC WRITTEN, SIGNED, AND SEALED PERMISSION SPECIFICALLY ALLOWING HIM TO TEACH, MAY DO SO!
Professor Bradley J. Steiner
P.O. Box 15929
Seattle, WA 98111
Phone: (206) 523-8642
7th Class White Belt
6th Class Yellow Belt
5th Class Green Belt
4th Class Purple Belt
3rd, 2nd and 1st Class Brown Belt